Monday 2 February 2009

Communities of Practice ( Cop)

what are communities of practice? certain group pf people who interact frequently to share and learn of something that they are passionate of, and also helping each other based on their common interest.

According to Etieme Wenger there are three most crucial characteritic that constitute C0P and they are
  • The Domain
  • The Community
  • The practice
Communities of Practice can be explained simply with an example which I experienced. when I was assigned as the team leader for the previous company that I worked we had a official meeting where all the team leaders were asked to attend, In the meeting few programmers were explaining how to save the time sheets in the data base and I liked the concept as I thought it was user friendly and would help my team, so after the meeting I had a discussion with the programmer and we both came to a conclusion to work together on that concept that we both were passionate and we both had that common interest to work on it.

ref: Etieme Wenger Retrived on 2 feb 2009 from
http://www.ewenger.com/theory/

2 comments:

  1. Summary is OK, though short. Your example is good, though it was not clear how big the CoP was!

    Your references should be given in Harvard style. It is fine to give hyperlinks, but the authoritative source is more important: the journal or conference where published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sam, I studied your article of the COP it is good but,I have one doubt about COP once if we joined in the community,if we are not satisfied with that is any chance to logout from that community?

    ReplyDelete